1. Open the installer program (12.1_177_quartus_windows.exe), select a destination folder, and
continue the installation. (You can find this installer from a DVD in the FPGA kit provided to you)
2. Open the driver installer (12.1_177_devices_cyclone_max_legacy_windows.exe), select a destination folder, and
continue the installation. (You can find this installer from a DVD in the FPGA kit provided to you. While
installing, you can skip the Cyclone V device family, if you don't need it)
3. To use the Quartus II, you need to configure the Software Licence. The license server is already
installed in the tesla server. If you are in the University Network, you can directly connect to it and
verify your license. However, if you are not in the University Network, you need to connect to it via
a VPN Network. (Please follow the instructions here, and connect to the Department VPN before the next step.)
Connect to Department VPN
4. When you start Quartus II, you will be asked to set up the Licence. In there, select the 4th option.
5. In the following window, please enter the Licence File as the following and press Enter:
If you are connected to the internet via Department VPN correctly, it will appear 4 Vendors as
shown in the below image.
6. Congratulations! The setup is complete.